Remove Baffles

Forum Forum Exhausts Remove Baffles

This topic contains 10 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Lyndall 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
April 10, 2012 at 9:33 PM #1939

08Liner
Participant

Will the baffles slide out of my Yahama drag pipes as easy as Im thinking? Probably drill a few holes in them first and see how it sounds. I dont want it too loud. Yes it is possible to be too loud. :)

Will I have to get a new map?

April 11, 2012 at 2:29 AM #1940

Lyndall
Participant

08Liner
not sure ,if you can’t see any tig or mig welds inside they should slide out.
generally as it was put together it should come apart.
but have a keen eye the may be spot welded from the outside then buffed and chromed which would be a nightmare should you see a dent coming from the inside out………

cheers Lyndall

April 11, 2012 at 4:27 PM #1955

Millett
Participant

Lyndall: 08Linernot sure ,if you can’t see any tig or mig welds inside they should slide out.generally as it was put together it should come apart.but have a keen eye the may be spot welded from the outside then buffed and chromed which would be a nightmare should you see a dent coming from the inside out………cheers Lyndall

I bet there are screws inside.

April 11, 2012 at 4:43 PM #1958

JimmyDee

One will come out and one will not.
Jim

April 14, 2012 at 8:37 AM #1988

08Liner
Participant

If I just drill a couple holes will it need a re-map?

April 14, 2012 at 10:50 AM #1994

Shep
Keymaster

08Liner:
If I just drill a couple holes will it need a re-map?

I am note sure (if you are using an after-market contoller). But the stock ECU should be able to handle it fine with the standard re-set of disconnecting the battery – waiting a few – reconnecting and starting without throttle.

April 14, 2012 at 8:54 PM #1996

08Liner
Participant

Sorry Shep, I should have stated, I have a power commander III.

May 31, 2012 at 4:27 PM #2101

kjjb1970
Participant

I put the freedom preformance true duals on my 08 midnight and pulled the baffles stripped the packing off and put the bare baffles back in… I do not have a pc yet… Will running it like this harm it?

June 5, 2012 at 7:31 AM #2107

sink
Participant

kjjb1970, I don’t think it will hurt anything other than maybe some torque loss due to a little less back pressure.

June 5, 2012 at 3:54 PM #2112

kjjb1970
Participant

Thanks Sink… Me and the wife rode all day sunday and i couldnt tell a difference…. Other than it sounding awesomley loud and proud… Cant wait to ride the U.P The first week of July…
Ride safe…

June 6, 2012 at 12:38 AM #2115

Lyndall
Participant

Sink
i think your on the money there. I made my muffler and i will get it on youtube for your opinions.
I did read that if the exup is left in place , about all that will happen if you put a slip on is, you’ll have a different note. performance shouldn,t change that much.
but I think we would all agree if it sounds better it has to go better……….. :lol:

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.