Remove Baffles

Store Forum Exhausts Remove Baffles

This topic contains 10 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Lyndall 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

08Liner
    Participant

Will the baffles slide out of my Yahama drag pipes as easy as Im thinking? Probably drill a few holes in them first and see how it sounds. I dont want it too loud. Yes it is possible to be too loud. :)

Will I have to get a new map?

Lyndall
    Participant

08Liner
    not sure ,if you can’t see any tig or mig welds inside they should slide out.
    generally as it was put together it should come apart.
    but have a keen eye the may be spot welded from the outside then buffed and chromed which would be a nightmare should you see a dent coming from the inside out………

cheers Lyndall

Millett
    Participant

Lyndall: 08Linernot sure ,if you can’t see any tig or mig welds inside they should slide out.generally as it was put together it should come apart.but have a keen eye the may be spot welded from the outside then buffed and chromed which would be a nightmare should you see a dent coming from the inside out………cheers Lyndall

I bet there are screws inside.

JimmyDee

One will come out and one will not.
    Jim

08Liner
    Participant

If I just drill a couple holes will it need a re-map?

Shep
    Keymaster

08Liner:
    If I just drill a couple holes will it need a re-map?

I am note sure (if you are using an after-market contoller). But the stock ECU should be able to handle it fine with the standard re-set of disconnecting the battery – waiting a few – reconnecting and starting without throttle.

08Liner
    Participant

Sorry Shep, I should have stated, I have a power commander III.

kjjb1970
    Participant

I put the freedom preformance true duals on my 08 midnight and pulled the baffles stripped the packing off and put the bare baffles back in… I do not have a pc yet… Will running it like this harm it?

sink
    Participant

kjjb1970, I don’t think it will hurt anything other than maybe some torque loss due to a little less back pressure.

kjjb1970
    Participant

Thanks Sink… Me and the wife rode all day sunday and i couldnt tell a difference…. Other than it sounding awesomley loud and proud… Cant wait to ride the U.P The first week of July…
    Ride safe…

Lyndall
    Participant

Sink
    i think your on the money there. I made my muffler and i will get it on youtube for your opinions.
    I did read that if the exup is left in place , about all that will happen if you put a slip on is, you’ll have a different note. performance shouldn,t change that much.
    but I think we would all agree if it sounds better it has to go better……….. 😆

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.